People Safety for Children
– What adults need to know and do to protect the emotional and physical safety of children.
Everyday Safety Plans and Skills for Children of All Abilities
(Keeping Safety Conversations Fun, Not Scary)
People Safety for Teens and Adults
– How to take charge of your safety and advocate for the safety of others.
People Safety for People with Disabilities and Special Needs
– Protecting children and adapting People Safety Skills for teens and adults with disabilities or special needs.
Scroll down to see all of the titles in our Library of articles.
Children and Youth
- ‘We Don’t Say Those Words’
- 7 Keys for Teaching Safety Skills To Everyone, Everywhere
- A Brief Look at the Statistics on Violence Against Young People
- Advocating With Family Members for Your Kids
- An Educator’s Perspective on Teaching Child Safety
- Answering the Door And Staying Home Alone
- Balancing Independence with Safety
- Be Safety Nets, Parachutes, and Guides – Not Smothering Blankets
- Bullying in Sports
- Changing Systems to Protect Kids with Disabilities From Maltreatment
- Child Safety
- Choosing a Therapist for Your Child or Yourself
- CollegePower for Parents
- Create Emotional Safety
- Creating Positive Social Climates to Stop Bullying
- Digital Citizenship
- Facing Prejudice With Compassion and Determination
- Grandparenting: Supporting Strong Family Relationships
- Halloween Safety – The Kidpower Way!
- Handling Panhandling So Panhandlers Won’t Handle YOU!
- Helicopters or Protectors?
- Helping Children Regain Their Emotional Safety After a Tragedy
- How “Stranger Danger” Hurts Kids
- How to Intervene
- How to Tell When a Child is Ready for More Freedom or New Privileges
- Keeping Playdates Fun and Safe
- Keeping the Kidpower Protection Promise
- Kidpower Answers: What if Getting Help Is “Against the Rules”?
- Kidpower Digital Citizenship & Safety Agreement
- Kidpower Safety Signals for Staying Safe With Your Body When You Are Angry
- Kidpower Safety Tips for Babysitters, Nannies, and Caregivers
- Kidpower Safety Tips for Parents and Caregivers
- Kidpower Safety Tips: Gun Violence at School
- Kidpower Skills for Health Care Providers
- Kidpower Strategies for Safety Online and Everywhere Else
- Kidpower’s Intervention Tools
- Making Words Like “Tattling” and “Tattle-tale” Obsolete
- Men as Allies to Children
- Most People Are GOOD!
- Most Teachers Are Heroes!
- “But WHY is this the Safety Rule?”
- Choosing Safe People to Care for Your Children
- Kidpower Answers for Parents of Small Children
- Kidpower Safety Signals for Everyone, Everywhere
- Making a Safety Plan for Bathroom Accidents
- Most Teachers Are Heroes!
- Not Even for a Second! A Story About Kidpower’s Underlying Principle
- People Safety for Toddlers
- Seven Positive Strategies for Managing Aggressive Behavior in Young Children